Douglas Eugene Bochtler
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 205 lb.
Born: July 5, 1970 in West Palm Beach, FL
High School: John I. Leonard HS (Greenacres, FL)
School: Indian River Community College (Fort Pierce, FL)
Drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 9th round of the 1989 amateur draft.
Signed June 26, 1989.
Debut: May 5, 1995 (Age 24.304, 14,252nd in MLB history)
vs. SFG 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 SO, 1 BB, 0 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1996 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Padres/Tigers/Dodgers/Royals 1995-2000
Last Game: July 22, 2000 (Age 30.017)
About biographical information
News -- November 2015
- 11/16 CaliSports News: Padres Hire Doug Bochtler As Bullpen Coach: According to Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union Tribune, the San Diego Padres have named Doug Bochtler their new bullpen coach....
- 11/14 FriarHood: Padres Rumors: Upton & Kennedy, Bochtler, Desmond: Well, I’m assuming most of you have heard that Craig KimbrelÂ is no longer on the Padres. That’s right, he is now...
News -- October 2015
- 10/23 Venom Strikes: Diamondbacks Daily Dose: More Pitching Coach Candidates Emerge: Good evening Venom Strikes readers and Arizona Diamondbacks fans! The weekend is almost here so celebrate your Friday with...
News -- February 2015
- 2/19 Friars on Base: Padres News: Ranking The Greatest Free Agent Signings of All-Time, #3: As the weather becomes warmer, most of the off-season moves have been made, and the final pieces of spring training begin to come...
News -- December 2013
- 12/11 The Greatest 21 Days: Doug Bochtler, That Determination - 2694: Doug Bochtler had a lot of positives going for him in 1991 at high-A West Palm Beach, Expos minor league pitching coordinator...
News -- July 2013
- 7/30 Friars on Base: Daily Padres Roundup: July 30, 2013: Here is the “Daily Roundup,” Friars fans: David Schoenfield of ESPN.com’s “The Sweet Spot”...
News -- June 2010
- 6/25 MLBTradeRumors: Remembering the 1993 Trade Deadline: Ah, 1993 was a rough year. The Branch Davidian cult taught us to love again, sure, but not to excess. So did the crazed Steffi...