Joseph Leo Birmingham
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 10", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: December 3, 1884 in Elmira, NY
Schools: University of Notre Dame (South Bend, IN), Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)
Debut: September 12, 1906 (Age 21.283, 2,872nd in MLB history)
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1907 season [*]
Team: Naps 1906-1914
Last Game: July 25, 1914 (Age 29.234)
vs. BOS 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: April 24, 1946 in Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico
About biographical information
News -- February 2016
- 2/20 Burning River Baseball: Top 10 Career Indians: There have been many great players who have played Major League baseball over the past century and a half, but there is something...
News -- October 2015
- 10/2 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: October 2, 1908: Addie Joss throws the first perfect game in franchise history as the second place Cleveland Naps defeat the third place Chicago...
News -- November 2014
- 11/11 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Shortstop Chapman was Fan Favorite, Team’s Heart: Tris Speaker was the leader of the 1920 Indians, but the heart and soul of the team was its shortstop, a man who led singalongs...
News -- October 2013
- 10/27 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: October 27, 1911: Philadelphia Athletics first baseman and team captain Harry Davis is named manager of Cleveland for the 1912 season. Davis would...
News -- March 2013
- 3/28 Indians Baseball Insider: The Nostalgia League: May results: As an experiment, I have assembled 18 Cleveland baseball teams from all eras to compete in a 162 game schedule for the Best Team...
News -- November 2011
- 11/4 Halos Heaven: Fleeter Peter Bourjos: The Next Ray Lankford?:
When I ran some (mostly depressing!) comps for Mark Trumbo the other week, I fully expected to focus next on the...