Floyd Clifford Bevens
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 210 lb.
Born: October 21, 1916 in Hubbard, OR
Debut: May 12, 1944 (Age 27.204, 7,622nd in MLB history)
vs. DET 2.2 IP, 6 H, 1 SO, 0 BB, 1 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1945 season [*]
Team: Yankees 1944-1947
Last Game: September 27, 1947 (Age 30.341)
vs. PHA 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 SO, 4 BB, 0 ER
Died: October 26, 1991 in Salem, OR
Buried: Restlawn Memory Gardens, Salem, OR
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- April 2015
- 4/30 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: April 30, 1946: 1946 â Bob Feller adds a second no-hitter to his long list of accomplishments already in his career as he blanks the Yankees...
News -- March 2015
- 3/31 James Smyth Broadcast: Most Consecutive Seasons with a Different Opening Day Starter: Third Base: The series continues (SP, C, 1B, 2B, SS) as we look at teams that had long stretches with a different Opening Day...
News -- June 2014
- 6/21 mlbreports.com: Some MLB Trivia: 5 Questions + Birthdays June 21st: Yesterday’s answers: Q1.Â Best Slugging PCTG ever by a rookie was Ted Williams, slugging .609 in 149 Games and 677...
News -- February 2014
- 2/23 Cards Conclave: Book Review: Bridging Two Dynasties: If you’ve read almost any of my book reviews (something I am way behind on given the pile of books on my nightstand waiting...
News -- August 2013
- 8/29 Did the Tribe Win Last Night? (1948): Fellerâ€™s Second No-Hitter Was His Best: Can one no-hitter be better than another? In the eyes of Indians legendÂ Bob Feller, he believes so. Feller threw his second of...
News -- April 2013
- 4/30 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Feller’s Second No-Hitter Was His Best: Can one no-hitter be better than another? In the eyes of Indians legend Bob Feller, he believes so. Feller threw his second of...
News -- March 2013
- 3/25 Cubbies Crib: ‘Truck’-ing back to the ’45 Series: World War II had drawn to a close just months before right-handerÂ Virgil TrucksÂ toed the rubber for the Detroit Tigers in Game...
News -- February 2013
- 2/11 Tyler's Think Tank: Best Pitching Season of the 1940s:
Bob Feller 1946 (9.4 bWAR)
After serving in the U.S. Navy for four years, Rapid Robert picked up where he left off in...
News -- November 2012
- 11/13 WasWatching: The Best Yankees SP Who Only Pitched Briefly For New York: Here’s one way to slice it - Rk Player WAR IP From To Age G GS W L SV ERA ERA+ 1 Chien-Ming Wang 13.2 670.2 2005 2009 25-29...
News -- October 2011
- 10/21 The Captain's Blog: DÃ©jÃ Vu All Over Again; Craigâ€™s Pinch Hitting Heroics Make Double Impact: Allen Craig, who spent most of the season being a utility-type bench player, has become a central figure in the 2011 World Series....