Bruce Michael Berenyi
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 205 lb.
Born: August 21, 1954 in Bryan, OH
Schools: Glen Oaks Community College (Centreville
, MI), Northwest Missouri State University (Maryville
, MO), Truman State University (Kirksville
Drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 1st round (3rd pick) of the 1976 amateur draft (June Secondary).
Debut: July 5, 1980 (Age 25.319, 11,932nd in MLB history)
vs. HOU 0.1 IP, 5 H, 1 SO, 1 BB, 6 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1981 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Reds/Mets 1980-1986
Agents: Justin Hirsch [*]
Last Game: July 9, 1986 (Age 31.322)
vs. CIN 1.0 IP, 4 H, 0 SO, 1 BB, 3 ER
Relatives: Nephew of Ned Garver
About biographical information
News -- April 2015
- 4/3 The Writer's Journey: I love getting mail: I received a couple of packages this week from fellow baseball card bloggers, which is always a nice surprise when you don’t...
- 4/1 MetsToday.com: You Read it Here First: Mets Will Win NL East (This Year): First off, I promise this will not end with the phrase “April Fool.” I realize that all March baseball stats need...
News -- May 2014
- 5/7 Mets360.com: On Brandon Nimmo and Baseball Prospectusâ€™ new scouting feature: By now most people are familiar with the concept of sample size. We know better than to overreact â good or bad â to what...
News -- December 2013
- 12/10 MetsMinors.net: The 1986 Mets We Didn’t Know: The Tidewater Tides: We all know the story of the 1986 New York Mets – but there were many other players in the Mets organization that year that...
News -- August 2013
- 8/22 The Writer's Journey: Fun Cards: 1981 Fleer Bruce Berenyi: The first round draft pick for the Cincinnati Reds in 1976 June Draft Secondary Phase was Bruce Berenyi from Northwest Missouri...
News -- November 2012
- 11/22 Baseball Reality Tour: What's Up with Mike Scott?: Surely, there are others who woke up this Thanksgiving morning and started looking at pitching stats from 1982. I'm starting a...
News -- September 2012
- 9/22 Rising Apple: This Date in Mets History: 1984 – Wally, Keith and Hubie Set Pace as the Orange and Blue Beat Expos at Shea: The 1984 New York Mets have rejuvenated a franchise and their fanbase. After 6 straight losing seasons, manager DaveyÂ Johnson...
- 9/6 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Keith Hernandez: The Mets are off today after escaping St. Louis with a victory yesterday afternoon, and today on âGlory Days,â we profile...
News -- June 2012
- 6/1 MetsToday.com: Mets Spelling Bee: Last night my wife and I enjoyed watching the Scripps National Spelling Bee Finals on ESPN. Thankfully it occurred on an off-night...
News -- June 2011
- 6/30 B-R Blog: I love Mark Eichhorn…: ...and I've never even met him. Eichhorn had a really nice career but flew under the radar because he was a reliever but not a...
News -- May 2011
- 5/18 Mets360.com: Mets Card of the Week: 1986 Bruce Berenyi: 1986 TOPPS BRUCE BERENYI Every extraordinary event has its Bruce Berenyi. They are the faceless actors who make a barely measurable...
News -- May 2010
- 5/11 B-R Blog: Johnny’s Gem: Johnny Cueto pitched a gem of a game tonight for Cincinnati. Cueto shut down the Pirates, allowing only 1 hit and a hit batsman,...