Bruce Michael Berenyi
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 205 lb.
Born: August 21, 1954 in Bryan, OH
Schools: Glen Oaks Community College (Centreville, MI), Northwest Missouri State University (Maryville, MO), Truman State University (Kirksville, MO)
Drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 1st round (3rd pick) of the 1976 amateur draft (June Secondary).
Debut: July 5, 1980 (Age 25.319, 11,932nd in MLB history)
vs. HOU 0.1 IP, 5 H, 1 SO, 1 BB, 6 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1981 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Reds/Mets 1980-1986
Agents: Justin Hirsch [*]
Last Game: July 9, 1986 (Age 31.322)
vs. CIN 1.0 IP, 4 H, 0 SO, 1 BB, 3 ER
Relatives: Nephew of Ned Garver
About biographical information
News -- April 2015
- 4/3 The Writer's Journey: I love getting mail: I received a couple of packages this week from fellow baseball card bloggers, which is always a nice surprise when you don’t...
- 4/1 MetsToday.com: You Read it Here First: Mets Will Win NL East (This Year): First off, I promise this will not end with the phrase “April Fool.” I realize that all March baseball stats need...
News -- May 2014
- 5/7 Mets360.com: On Brandon Nimmo and Baseball Prospectusâ€™ new scouting feature: By now most people are familiar with the concept of sample size. We know better than to overreact â good or bad â to what...
News -- December 2013
- 12/10 MetsMinors.net: The 1986 Mets We Didn’t Know: The Tidewater Tides: We all know the story of the 1986 New York Mets – but there were many other players in the Mets organization that year that...
News -- August 2013
- 8/22 The Writer's Journey: Fun Cards: 1981 Fleer Bruce Berenyi: The first round draft pick for the Cincinnati Reds in 1976 June Draft Secondary Phase was Bruce Berenyi from Northwest Missouri...
News -- November 2012
- 11/22 Baseball Reality Tour: What's Up with Mike Scott?: Surely, there are others who woke up this Thanksgiving morning and started looking at pitching stats from 1982. I'm starting a...
News -- September 2012
- 9/22 Rising Apple: This Date in Mets History: 1984 – Wally, Keith and Hubie Set Pace as the Orange and Blue Beat Expos at Shea: The 1984 New York Mets have rejuvenated a franchise and their fanbase. After 6 straight losing seasons, manager DaveyÂ Johnson...
- 9/6 Rising Apple: Glory Days: Keith Hernandez: The Mets are off today after escaping St. Louis with a victory yesterday afternoon, and today on âGlory Days,â we profile...
News -- June 2012
- 6/1 MetsToday.com: Mets Spelling Bee: Last night my wife and I enjoyed watching the Scripps National Spelling Bee Finals on ESPN. Thankfully it occurred on an off-night...
News -- June 2011
- 6/30 B-R Blog: I love Mark Eichhorn…: ...and I've never even met him. Eichhorn had a really nice career but flew under the radar because he was a reliever but not a...
News -- May 2011
- 5/18 Mets360.com: Mets Card of the Week: 1986 Bruce Berenyi: 1986 TOPPS BRUCE BERENYI Every extraordinary event has its Bruce Berenyi. They are the faceless actors who make a barely measurable...
News -- May 2010
- 5/11 B-R Blog: Johnny’s Gem: Johnny Cueto pitched a gem of a game tonight for Cincinnati. Cueto shut down the Pirates, allowing only 1 hit and a hit batsman,...