Gary David Bennett
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 190 lb.
Born: April 17, 1972 in Waukegan, IL
High Schools: East HS (Waukegon, IL), Waukegan East HS (Waukegan, IL)
Drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 11th round of the 1990 amateur draft.
Signed June 12, 1990.
Debut: September 24, 1995 (Age 23.160, 14,419th in MLB history)
vs. CIN 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1999 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Cardinals/Rockies/Phillies/Padres/Brewers/... 1995-2008
Last Game: May 18, 2008 (Age 36.031)
vs. LAA 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- November 2015
- 11/2 The Cardinal Nation Blog: How the Cardinals Could Fix their Bench in 2016: Overworking key players during the 2015 regular season appears to have been a factor in the St. Louis Cardinalsâ early playoff...
News -- February 2015
- 2/11 The Greatest 21 Days: Gary Bennett, One Thing - 3190: Gary Bennett had two game-winners in consecutive August 2006 games for the Cardinals, one of them a grand slam, according to The...
News -- December 2014
- 12/13 Crashburn Alley: Rollins Retrospective: The Minors and Rookie Campaign: Sometimes a guy comes into the minors with high hopes and fails. Sometimes a guy comes in with little hope, or no hope at all,...
- 12/1 Friars on Base: Forgotten Friars: Ramon Hernandez: The year was 2003. Baseball season was over, and the Padres had just finished a 64-98 season, finishing last in the NL West for...
News -- August 2014
- 8/10 Faith & Fear in Flushing: Same Old Phillies, Same New Mets: How is it that a lineup loaded with ballplayers who jammed the box score of a World Series clincher can appear so routinely beatable?...
News -- December 2013
- 12/14 Mets Merized: Trading with the Enemy: Trading with the enemy is pretty rare – and when I mean the enemy, I’m referring to trading within the division –...
- 12/9 Mets Merized: Remembering the Mets’ One-Hit Wonders: As a kid, many of us dreamed of getting to the big leagues. Chances are, if you’re reading this – you didn’t...
News -- November 2013
- 11/24 STLCardinalBaseball: The Self-Righteous PED Fainting Couch: I’m proud of the way Major League Baseball has tackled its seedy connection to performance-enhancing drugs. After years...
News -- October 2013
- 10/29 Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness: 2013 Dodgers in Review #1: C A.J. Ellis: We kick off our 2013 review series today, starting off, as usual, with A.J. Ellis. As always, grades are subjective and based...
News -- February 2013
- 2/24 Friars on Base: Everth Cabrera and the Historical Lie of Steroids: If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, does it make a sound? If a bird doesnât fly south for the winter, will any...