Kevin Charles Bass
Bats: Both, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 183 lb.
Born: May 12, 1959 in Redwood City, CA
High Schools: Menlo HS (Atherton, CA), Menlo Park HS (Menlo Park, CA)
Drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2nd round of the 1977 amateur draft.
Debut: April 9, 1982 (Age 22.332)
vs. TOR 1 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1983 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Astros/Giants/Orioles/Mets/Brewers 1982-1995
Agents: Tom Reich [*]
Final Game: October 1, 1995 (Age 36.142)
vs. DET 2 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- July 2014
- 7/29 The Ballclub: Games and Names: Life in general, plus the All Star Break and some lengthy road trips had conspired to prevent me from going to Citi Field for...
- 7/15 chipalatta.com: The break: A little Astros’ All Star history: I’m bored today, so I thought I would throw out a little Astros’ All-star related trivia to my friends. Answers are...
News -- May 2014
- 5/12 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 5/12: Happy Birthday to ~OF Luis Payano (18)Payano was signed by Houston in July 2012 out of the Dominican Republic and played...
News -- February 2014
- 2/12 House of Houston: The Astrodome: National Treasure or Impending Implosion?
Recently the Astrodome was designated (finally) as a National Landmark (Treasu......
News -- May 2013
- 5/12 What the Heck, Bobby?: Happy Birthday - 5/12: Happy Birthday to ~
OF Luis Payano (17)
Payano was signed by Houston in July 2012 out of the Dominican Republic and has not...
News -- December 2012
- 12/6 The Writer's Journey: 1987 General Mills Booklets #6G Dave Parker: I found this Dave Parker “card” at the antique mall a few weeks ago for thirty-five cents. I had no idea what it was;...
News -- February 2012
- 2/17 22gigantes.com: Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter dead at 57: Hall of Fame catcher and all-around good guy Gary Carter has died of cancer, according to a tweet by New York Times columnist...
News -- September 2010
- 9/3 MLBTradeRumors: Remembering The 1982 Trade Deadline: Ah, who can forget 1982. The Falklands War taught a nation where the Falkland Islands are, and that there's something called the...