Edward Norman Bane
Bats: Right, Throws: Left
Height: 5' 9", Weight: 160 lb.
Born: March 22, 1952 in Chicago, IL
School: Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ)
Drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 1st round (11th pick) of the 1973 amateur draft.
Debut: July 4, 1973 (Age 21.104)
vs. KCR 7.0 IP, 3 H, 3 SO, 3 BB, 1 ER
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1973 season [*]
Team: Twins 1973-1976
Final Game: September 12, 1976 (Age 24.174)
About biographical information
News -- July 2014
- 7/21 Canadian Baseball Network: Hello Mills, goodbye to two former No. 1s: * Adding LHP Brad Mills met that the Blue Jays designate former No. 1 Deck McGuire for assignment and demoted former No. 1 Chad...
News -- June 2014
- 6/22 Twinstrivia.com: Did you know?: When Minnesota Twins pitcher Yohan Pino will made his Major League debut Thursday night at 30 years, 175 days old at Target Field...
News -- July 2013
- 7/11 MLB Injury News: Red Sox rumors: Interest in four White Sox relievers: Since the Boston Red Sox lost closer Joel Hanrahan for the season in early May, they have struggled to find a replacement, including...
News -- April 2013
- 4/23 Monkey with a Halo: The Toll of Trading Prospects:
It’s no surprise the Angels have a farm system that ranks dead last or next to last in all of baseball. There are...
News -- February 2013
- 2/7 Twinstrivia.com: This and That: There was a nice piece written about Twins outfield prospect Max Kepler the other day by MiLB.com and if you get a chance, check...
News -- January 2013
- 1/3 Twinstrivia.com: Straight from ASU to the Met: Eddie Bane was born in Chicago, Illinois on March 22, 1952 but grew up in southern California not too far from Disneyland. Bane...
News -- December 2012
- 12/14 PaulLebowitz.com: The Angels Trump the Competition on Hamilton: There’s a fine line between decisive and desperate. The Angels used to adhere to a set of principles from which they would not...
News -- May 2012
- 5/18 PaulLebowitz.com: There’s No Rift In Anaheim: Speculation about a rift between Angels’ manager Mike Scioscia and the new GM Jerry Dipoto rose greatly when—to the displeasure...
News -- June 2011
- 6/6 The Captain's Blog: Early Returns: MLB Draftees Who Have Jumped Right Into the Big Leagues: Once conducted in relative obscurity, the MLB Rule IV draft has gained increased exposure over the last few years. However, because...