Scott Alan Bailes
Bats: Left, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 170 lb.
Born: December 18, 1961 in Chillicothe, OH
High School: Parkview HS (Springfield, MO)
Schools: St. Louis Community College, Meramec Campus (Kirkwood, MO), Missouri State University (Springfield, MO)
Drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 4th round of the 1982 amateur draft (June Secondary). Player signed July 1, 1982.
Debut: April 9, 1986 (Age 24.112, 12,732nd in MLB history)
vs. BAL 0.2 IP, 1 H, 1 SO, 1 BB, 1 ER, L
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1986 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Indians/Angels/Rangers 1986-1998
Last Game: September 27, 1998 (Age 36.283)
About biographical information
News -- July 2015
- 7/24 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Unsolved Mysteries: Was Terry Francona Really in “Major League”?: Picture Robert Stack in a dark overcoat meandering toward camera through a foggy alley. Over the opening chords of that tinkly...
News -- June 2012
- 6/9 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Game Preview #58: Cleveland Indians (31-26) at St. Louis Cardinals (30-29): By Mike Brandyberry Last night the Indians took the first game of a weekend series with the St. Louis Cardinals by a score of...
News -- May 2012
- 5/26 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Game #46: Cleveland Indians (26-19) at Chicago White Sox (24-22): By Mike Brandyberry What a difference a day makes for the Cleveland Indians. Yesterday, the Indians were coming off a three-game...
- 5/25 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Game #45: Cleveland Indians (26-18) at Chicago White Sox (23-22): By Mike Brandyberry The Indians were in first place three days ago, but now it carries a little more swag behind it. Fresh off...
News -- February 2012
- 2/17 High Heat Stats: Every single pitch in play: In 1993, both Mike Fetters and Paul Gibson did something really unusual. For as far back as Baseball-Reference.com has pitch data...
News -- April 2011
- 4/21 Wahoo's Warriors: Another quality start: I’m not a huge fan of the “quality start” stat. However, I feel obligated to continue to update this note for...