Kevin Richard Baez
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 160 lb.
Born: January 10, 1967 in Brooklyn, NY
High School: Lafayette HS (Brooklyn, NY)
School: Dominican College (Orangeburg, NY)
Drafted by the New York Mets in the 7th round of the 1988 amateur draft.
Signed June 7, 1988.
Debut: September 3, 1990 (Age 23.236, 13,449th in MLB history)
vs. STL 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1993 season [*]
Team: Mets 1990-1993
Last Game: October 3, 1993 (Age 26.266)
vs. FLA 5 AB, 2 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- December 2013
- 12/6 Rising Apple: Rising Apple Weighs In: The Granderson Signing: Earlier today, the Mets came to terms with free agent outfielder Curtis Granderson on a four year deal worth $60 million dollars....
News -- April 2013
- 4/8 Rising Apple: Phillies Series Preview and Swinging ’73′s Matt Silverman: With the baseball season just getting into the swing of things, The Rising Apple Report changes with the tides, altering its schedule...
News -- April 2012
- 4/27 NY Baseball Digest: Ducks Open Season Honoring #8: When you think of the late Hall-of-Fame catcher Gary Carter you immediately remember his days in Montreal or leading the Mets...
News -- October 2011
- 10/2 NY Baseball Digest: Ducks Fall Short in Game 4, York Revolution Repeat as Champs: The York Revolution won their second consecutive Atlantic League Championship with a 6-3 victory over the Long Island Ducks...
News -- September 2011
- 9/28 NY Baseball Digest: Unique Team Chemistry Has Long Island on Cusp of Title: We cover all sorts of New York baseball stories here. The Mets and the Yankees are at the core of what I discuss, but baseball...
News -- July 2011
- 7/6 NY Baseball Digest: Long Island Ducks Clinch First Half Title: A day late with this, but it’s still great news. The Long Island Ducks defeated the York Revolution 7-4 yesterday night at...
News -- June 2011
- 6/3 NY Baseball Digest: Former Mets Prospect Leading Long Island: It was September 3rd, 1990 and the Mets needed a shortstop to replace the injured Kevin Elster. A 23 year old kid from Brooklyn...
News -- April 2011
- 4/29 NY Baseball Digest: Long Island Ducks Begin Their 12th Season Tonight: I will, as I do every year, follow the Atlantic League and the Long Island Ducks throughout the season. The Ducks will begin their...
News -- November 2010
- 11/28 NY Baseball Digest: Second Long Island Team in Atlantic League: This is about a week late, but some interesting news from the Atlantic League via Atlantic League Notebook: First, the Newark...