Douglas Reagan Ault
Positions: First Baseman and Leftfielder
Bats: Right, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: March 9, 1950 in Beaumont, TX
Schools: Panola College (Carthage, TX), Texas Tech University (Lubbock, TX)
Signed by the Texas Rangers as an amateur free agent in 1973.
Debut: September 9, 1976 (Age 26.184)
vs. MIN 3 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1977 season [*]
Teams (by GP): BlueJays/Rangers 1976-1980
Agents: Randy Hendricks,Alan Hendricks [*]
Final Game: October 5, 1980 (Age 30.210)
vs. BOS 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: December 22, 2004 in Tarpon Springs, FL
Buried: Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Beaumont, TX
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/12 Canadian Baseball Network: Bautista among Jays’ best long ballers: * Heading into action Wednesday night, Jose Bautista had an even 200 home runs as a Blue Jay, only two behind one of his childhood...
News -- June 2014
- 6/2 Canadian Baseball Network: Encarnacion adds to Blue Jays’ home run lore: * Edwin Encarnacion’s power surge in May, in which the slugger hit 16 home runs over a span of 23 games, was one of the...
News -- April 2014
- 4/29 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 29, 1977: 1977: Darrell Porter drove in three runs and Jim Colborn hurled a complete game as the Royals won their first-ever meeting with...
News -- August 2013
- 8/21 The Greatest 21 Days: Doug Ault, Battle With - 3482: Doug Ault looked forward to competing for a job in the Blue Jays' inaugural starting lineup, he told The St. Petersburg Times...
News -- February 2013
- 2/25 Jays Journal: The History of Our Home Openers: And you all thought you could get rid of me…mwahaahaahaa etc. Time for Unky Jeff to regale you with stories of history,...
News -- November 2012
- 11/8 High Heat Stats: Baseball and Presidents: For a frivolous interlude, some random musings on baseball’s connections to presidents. Of course, presidents have been...
News -- March 2012
- 3/30 High Heat Stats: Odd Fact of the Day: When a Snopek is Just That: Here’s a bit of an oddity that I stumbled across tonight. Although it has a very limited coverage, the Baseball-Reference...
News -- December 2011
- 12/31 High Heat Stats: 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...: Should auld acquaintance be forgot,and never brought to mind?Should auld acquaintance be forgot,and days of auld lang syne?--...