Douglas Reagan Ault
Positions: First Baseman and Leftfielder
Bats: Right, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 200 lb.
Born: March 9, 1950 in Beaumont, TX
Schools: Panola College (Carthage
, TX), Texas Tech University (Lubbock
Signed by the Texas Rangers as an amateur free agent in 1973.
Debut: September 9, 1976 (Age 26.184, 11,409th in MLB history)
vs. MIN 3 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1977 season [*]
Teams (by GP): BlueJays/Rangers 1976-1980
Agents: Randy Hendricks,Alan Hendricks [*]
Last Game: October 5, 1980 (Age 30.210)
vs. BOS 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: December 22, 2004 in Tarpon Springs, FL
Buried: Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Beaumont, TX
About biographical information
News -- March 2016
- 3/2 Jays Journal: Toronto Blue Jays - Great Moments in Spring Training History: Jose's contract. Edwin's contract. Aaron's biceps. Stroman's knee. Saunder's other knee. Pillar's...
News -- August 2015
- 8/6 Shoestring Catches: Blue Jays are Flying Higher: Never really been a fan of trade deadline deals. Most of the time, the teams I follow are often sellers. Case in point, my favorite...
News -- May 2015
- 5/21 Rating the Rookies: 1977 Topps Rookie Outfielders: Brian Asselstine, Wayne Gross, Sam Mejias, Alvis Woods: Seems like the random number generator has me going back and forth between 4-player rookie cards and single player rookie cards....
News -- April 2015
- 4/10 Canadian Baseball Network: Rex Ryan starts Bisons season with Buffalo K: Â * Buffalo Bills coach Red Ryan threw out the ceremonial first pitch at Coca-Cola Field to kick off the Buffalo Bisons season...
- 4/8 Blue Jays Plus: Game Two: Nothing to See Here: The Blue Jays opening day is over. Yankee great, Joe Torre has already thrown out the first pitch. Broadway and television star...
- 4/5 Baseballhotcorner.com: Looking Back On The Blue Jays First Week Ever: As the Toronto Blue Jays embark upon their 39th season this week, letâs turn back the clock to see how they fared many years...
News -- February 2015
- 2/22 Canadian Baseball Network: BWDIK: Chen, Ruth, Woods, Papelbon,: Â * Philadelphia Phillies RP Jonathan Papelbon knows that he is on the trade market and says whoever obtains him will be receiving...
News -- September 2014
- 9/12 Canadian Baseball Network: Bautista among Jays’ best long ballers: * Heading into action Wednesday night, Jose Bautista had an even 200 home runs as a Blue Jay, only two behind one of his childhood...
News -- June 2014
- 6/2 Canadian Baseball Network: Encarnacion adds to Blue Jays’ home run lore: Â * Edwin Encarnacion’s power surge in May, in which the slugger hit 16 home runs over a span of 23 games, was one of the...
News -- April 2014
- 4/29 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–April 29, 1977: 1977: Darrell Porter drove in three runs and Jim Colborn hurled a complete game as the Royals won their first-ever meeting with...
News -- August 2013
- 8/21 The Greatest 21 Days: Doug Ault, Battle With - 3482: Doug Ault looked forward to competing for a job in the Blue Jays' inaugural starting lineup, he told The St. Petersburg Times...
News -- February 2013
- 2/25 Jays Journal: The History of Our Home Openers: And you all thought you could get rid of me…mwahaahaahaa etc. Time for Unky Jeff to regale you with stories of history,...
News -- November 2012
- 11/8 High Heat Stats: Baseball and Presidents: For a frivolous interlude, some random musings on baseball’s connections to presidents. Of course, presidents have been...
News -- March 2012
- 3/30 High Heat Stats: Odd Fact of the Day: When a Snopek is Just That: Here’s a bit of an oddity that I stumbled across tonight.Â Although it has a very limited coverage,Â the Baseball-Reference...
News -- December 2011
- 12/31 High Heat Stats: 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...: Should auld acquaintance be forgot,and never brought to mind?Should auld acquaintance be forgot,and days of auld lang syne?--...