Michael Jay Andrews
Positions: Second Baseman and First Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 195 lb.
Born: July 9, 1943 in Los Angeles, CA
School: El Camino College (Torrance, CA)
Signed by the Boston Red Sox as an amateur free agent in 1961.
Debut: September 18, 1966 (Age 23.071)
vs. CAL 4 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1967 season [*]
Teams (by GP): RedSox/WhiteSox/Athletics 1966-1973
Final Game: September 29, 1973 (Age 30.082)
vs. CHW 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Relatives: Brother of Rob Andrews
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- June 2014
- 6/15 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–June 15, 1970: 1970: After blowing a 4-3 lead, the Royals scored three times in the bottom of the ninth for a walkoff 7-6 win over Boston at...
News -- October 2013
- 10/24 Beyond the Scorecard: World Series Game 1 Tweets: For my ten regular readers, three things:1. Thank you2. Sorry3. I have a tendency to watch a game (and I use the term "watch"...
News -- July 2013
- 7/9 Replacement Level Red Sox Blog: Game 92 Thread – Red Sox (54-37, 1st) vs. Mariners (7/9/13): First Pitch – 10:10PM Allen Webster (1-2, 7.88) vs. Hisashi Iwakuma (7-4, 2.60) Note: A very interesting collection of starters...
News -- May 2013
- 5/17 BoSox Injection: Pedroia Back To Top Dog Leadership Position: A healthy Dustin Pedroia is a very good thing for the Boston Red Sox. Conversely, Pedey is simply making the rest of the league...
News -- April 2013
- 4/16 The Writer's Journey: Swinging ’73: Baseball’s Wildest Season by Matthew Silverman (2013): Swinging ’73: Baseball’s Wildest Season by Matthew Silverman Lyons Press, 2013 272 pages Richard Nixon. The Yom Kippur War....
News -- March 2013
- 3/25 60ft6in.com: Reggie Smith, Fred Lynn, and Jackie Bradley Junior: Jackie Bradley Junior and Reggie Smith have many things in common, but also many things different with the Red Sox. Reggie Smith...
News -- February 2013
- 2/23 Mets360.com: Remembering Karl Ehrhardt, better known as Mets Sign Guy: Sometime this season, Mets fans can hope that a sign which reads “Oppo Taco” appears during a home game. That is Travis...
- 2/15 BoSox Injection: The Red Sox And The Jimmy Fund: A 60 Year Match Made In Heaven: “Certainly, the Jimmy Fund would not be where it is today if it were not for the Red Sox. Almost everything we do is associated...
News -- August 2012
- 8/13 The Greatest 21 Days: Interview Paul Sorrento, Part 1, Great Feeling: Former major leaguer Paul Sorrento in the Inland Empire 66ers dugout before a game in late July. Sorrento is serving as 66ers...
News -- November 2011
- 11/7 NY Baseball Digest: Vote on the Golden Era HOF Ballot: CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE FOR THE GOLDEN ERA CANDIDATES Last week, the Hall of Fame announced the 16-member Golden Era...
News -- July 2011
- 7/12 Baseball Reality Tour: Mixed Emotions: This could get personal and may ramble on, but in the meantime, I'll try to be concise while struggling through the mixed emotions...
- 7/4 NY Baseball Digest: Morning Digest: Classic Subway Series Ending Edition: Just when you want to see the Subway Series go into the history books for good, you get a weekend like this. Yankees fans invaded...
News -- January 2011
- 1/14 B-R Blog: Most Doubles @ Fenway Park Since 1920: Who has hit the most doubles at Fenway Park since 1920? Here's the leaderboard on this one: Rk Player #Matching PA AB H 2B 6...