Roy Maxwell Alvis
Position: Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 5' 11", Weight: 185 lb.
Born: February 2, 1938 in Jasper, TX
High School: Jasper HS (Jasper, TX)
School: University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX)
Signed by the Cleveland Indians as an amateur free agent in 1958.
Debut: September 11, 1962 (Age 24.221)
vs. WSA 3 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 1 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1963 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Indians/Brewers 1962-1970
Final Game: September 27, 1970 (Age 32.237)
vs. CHW 4 AB, 1 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- September 2014
- 9/12 Twinstrivia.com: According to Elias: Carlos Santana hit a two-run home run in the first inning to turn a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 lead in Cleveland’s 8-2 win over...
News -- August 2014
- 8/25 Twinstrivia.com: This Day in Twins History – August 25: 8/25/1967 – Dean Chance pitches the second no-hitter in Twins history and defeats the Indians 2-1 in the second game of...
News -- August 2013
- 8/18 Indians Baseball Insider: The Rock of Cleveland Part 2- Celebrating Rocky Colavito: This is part two of a piece that posted last week. In part one, it recalled how Cleveland Indians fans still have wonderful...
News -- April 2013
- 4/16 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Tiant Has Indians Consecutive Scoreless Innings Streak Set High for Masterson: By Evan Matsumoto With his hand clutched around the ball stuffed inside his mitt, Luis Tiant hoisted his arms above his head....
News -- March 2013
- 3/28 Indians Baseball Insider: Don't knock the Rock!: Two important dates are quickly approaching – Easter Sunday and Opening Day!
Both of these days will always be remembered...
- 3/26 Indians Baseball Insider: Nostalgia League: Opening Day results: Opening day is always a great day to be alive. For a city like Cleveland, opening day announces to the masses that the long...
News -- June 2011
- 6/3 B-R Blog: Max Alvis and Carlos Zambrano: In 1967, Max Alvis was an All-Star 3rd baseman for the Cleveland Indians. He had 697 plate appearances, a slash line of .256/.301/.403,...