Andrew Neal Allanson
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 5", Weight: 220 lb.
Born: December 22, 1961 in Richmond, VA
High School: Varina HS (Richmond
School: University of Richmond (Richmond
Drafted by the Cleveland Indians in the 2nd round of the 1983 amateur draft.
Debut: April 7, 1986 (Age 24.106, 12,723rd in MLB history)
vs. BAL 4 AB, 3 H, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1986 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Indians/Tigers/Angels/Giants/Brewers 1986-1995
Last Game: October 2, 1995 (Age 33.284)
vs. SEA 2 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
About biographical information
News -- March 2015
- 3/25 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: It’s Time for Francisco Lindor in Cleveland: Last summer I stood on the field before the Eastern League All-Star Game and spoke with Francisco Lindor about his life, his development...
News -- February 2015
- 2/23 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: When Will Lindor Make His Cleveland Debut?: When will Francisco Lindor reach the big leagues? Itâs a storyline nearly as big as what the Indiansâ record will be in 2015,...
News -- August 2013
- 8/1 WasWatching: Really Tall Catchers: It’s a short, pardon the pun, list: Rk Player WAR/pos Ht From To Age G PA R H 2B HR RBI BB SO SB BA OBP SLG 1 Joe Mauer...
News -- December 2012
- 12/22 Did The Tribe Win Last Night?: Today in Tribe History: December 22, 1961: Compiled by Jason Kaminski Future Cleveland Indians catcher, Andy Allanson, is born in Richmond, Virginia. Allanson would be drafted...
News -- August 2012
- 8/5 Bus League Baseball: More Proof That I Am Getting Old: On Twitter yesterday, one of the writers I follow offered a fun little diversion: go to Baseball-Reference, find the box score...
News -- December 2011
- 12/29 Pitchers Hit Eighth: The Evolution of Yadi: Adam Wainwrightâs mesmerizing curveball that froze future teammate Carlos Beltran and ended Game 7 of the 2006 NLCS stands as...
News -- July 2011
- 7/30 B-R Blog: Worst Batting Seasons By Catchers Since 1973: It's a simple list. . Rk Player OPS+ G Year Age Tm Lg PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO HBP SH SF GDP SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS Pos...