Kenneth Jerry Adair
(Casper the Friendly Ghost)
Positions: Second Baseman, Shortstop and Third Baseman
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 175 lb.
Born: December 17, 1936 in Sand Springs, OK
High School: Sapulpa HS (Sapulpa, OK)
School: Oklahoma State University (Stillwater, OK)
Signed by the Baltimore Orioles as an amateur free agent in 1958.
Debut: September 2, 1958 (Age 21.259)
vs. WSH 0 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1961 season [*]
Teams (by GP): Orioles/RedSox/WhiteSox/Royals 1958-1970
Final Game: May 3, 1970 (Age 33.137)
vs. CLE 4 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB
Died: May 31, 1987 in Tulsa, OK
Buried: Woodland Memorial Park, Sand Springs, OK
View Player Bio from the SABR BioProject
About biographical information
News -- July 2014
- 7/12 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History–July 12, 1969: 1969: Jim Rooker earned his first major league win in style, pitching a complete-game shutout and holding the White Sox to three...
News -- May 2014
- 5/27 Pine Tar Press: This Date In Royals History: May 27, 1969: 1969: The Royals scored three unearned runs in the seventh to key a comeback 5-4 victory over Boston at Muni**** Stadium in Kansas...
- 5/11 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: The Senators Eleven Run Sixth Inning: On May 11, 1962, the 5-18 Washington Senators opened a three-game series against the Orioles at Baltimore’s Memorial Stadium....
News -- February 2014
- 2/15 Birds Watcher: Best of the Best: Shortstops:
With the off-season being at an essential standstill for the Orioles as far as the news goes, I thought I would bring you,...
News -- June 2013
- 6/26 Birds Watcher: Orioles: Better Players, Umps Worse: As baseball bloggers go, I’m a grandfather. Heck, I am a grandfather outside of baseball too! All to say – I’m really old!...
News -- May 2013
- 5/11 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Day in D.C. Baseball History – Senators Eleven Run Sixth Inning: On May 11, 1962, the 5-18 Washington Senators opened a three-game series against the Orioles at Baltimore’s Memorial Stadium....
News -- March 2013
- 3/1 60ft6in.com: Rating Red Sox General Managers: The Boston Red Sox did not have a General Manager until Tom Yawkey bought the team in 1933 and brought in Eddie Collins. up through...
News -- May 2012
- 5/13 D.C. Baseball Yesterday and Today: This Day in D.C. Baseball History – Senators Eleven Run Sixth Inning: On May 11, 1962, the 5-18 Washington Senators opened a three-game series against the Orioles at Baltimore’s Memorial Stadium....
News -- April 2012
- 4/15 High Heat Stats: Run, Don’t Walk – First Base Ahead: Following up on the Imperfect Trifecta post, thought I’d give Rollins and Pierre a break and let some others share the...
News -- October 2011
- 10/28 MLBTradeRumors: Baseball's Spookiest Transactions: It is virtually impossible to think of two more closely-related things than baseball transactions and Halloween. After all, the...
- 10/26 WSJ Daily Fix: Cardinals Run Into Series Trouble: The Count: St. Louis is 0-for-3 on stolen-base attempts in the World Series, a continuation of its rotten running year and a contestant,...
News -- May 2011
- 5/10 B-R Blog: Bad Batter Starts To A Season: How many players, since 1919, had 14+ games within his team's first 25 games of the season where he had 3+ PA in the contest with...
News -- November 2010
- 11/24 B-R Blog: Ivan Rodriguez and more GIDP than BB: Reader Joseph T. sent in this great nugget (along with a bunch of others that I'll try to write up in the coming weeks): Ivan...