We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
This page refers to the playing term strike. For the labor action, see strike (labor).
A legal pitch is a strike if:
- The batter attempts to hit it but misses;
- Any part of the ball passes through any part of the strike zone;
- With fewer than two strikes, the batter hits the ball foul;
- The batter bunts the ball foul;
- It hits the batter as he attempts to hit it;
- It hits the batter in the strike zone;
- The batter hits a foul tip.
See Also Strikeout
 Further Reading
- Christoph Kreinbucher: "Are Baseball Players Superior to Umpires in Discriminating Balls from Strikes ?", The Baseball Research Journal, SABR, Volume 41, Number 1 (Spring 2012), pp. 28-31.