From BR Bullpen
Walter Cleveland Stewart
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 5' 10", Weight 160 lb.
- Debut April 20, 1921
- Final Game September 29, 1935
- Born September 23, 1900 in Sparta, TN USA
- Died September 26, 1974 in Knoxville, TN USA
 Biographical Information
Lefty Stewart nearly died in the fall of 1927 when his appendix burst while he was on a hunting trip. Despite being told by doctors that he would never pitch again, he made a full recovery, going 20-12 with a 3.45 ERA for the 1930 St. Louis Browns. Stewart's 1930 season was impressive when put into context of both the era and team - his 3.45 ERA was good for 3rd in the American League and the 20 wins came for a Browns team that finished the year with a 64-90 record.
 Notable Achievements
- 15 Wins Seasons: 3 (1930, 1932 & 1933)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1930)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 4 (1930-1933)