From BR Bullpen
Walter William Weiss
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 175 lb.
- School University of North Carolina
- High School Suffern High School
- Debut July 12, 1987
- Final Game October 1, 2000
- Born November 28, 1963 in Tuxedo, NY USA
 Biographical Information
After his 14-year playing career, Weiss was a special assistant to Colorado Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd from 2002 to 2008. He then turned to coaching at the high school level, at Regis Jesuit High School in the Denver, CO suburbs. On November 7, 2012, he was plucked form the high school ranks to be named the manager of the Rockies for 2013.
He underwent an emergency appendectomy on May 13, 2015, after complaining of stomach pains for a couple of days. Bench coach Tom Runnells took over for him on an interim basis while he was recovering.
 Notable Achievements
- 1988 AL Rookie of the Year Award
- 1988 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- NL All-Star (1998)
- Won a World Series with the Oakland Athletics in 1989
|AL Rookie of the Year|
|Mark McGwire||Walt Weiss||Gregg Olson|
|Colorado Rockies Manager
 Year-By-Year Managerial Record
|2013||Colorado Rockies||National League||74-88||5th||Colorado Rockies|
|2014||Colorado Rockies||National League||66-96||4th||Colorado Rockies|
|2015||Colorado Rockies||National League||Colorado Rockies|