From BR Bullpen
Walter Richard Whitehurst
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 195 lb.
- School University of New Orleans
- Debut July 17, 1989
- Final Game August 29, 1996
- Born April 11, 1964 in Shreveport, LA USA
 Biographical Information
Wally Whitehurst was 2-2 with a 3.52 ERA for US in the 1984 Amateur World Series, helping them win Bronze. He worked 30 2/3 of their 106 innings in the tournament, easily leading the staff. He was signed as a 3rd round pick in the 1985 amateur draft by the Oakland A's and scout Ed Stevens.
After his big league career ended, Whitehurst spent several seasons as a pitching coach at his alma mater, the University of New Orleans (1998-2001), and then was a sports agent for a time (2001-2002).
- 2004 Pitching coach AZL Padres
- 2005-2006 Pitching coach Eugene Emeralds
- 2007 Pitching coach Fort Wayne Wizards
- 2008 Pitching coach Lake Elsinore Storm
- 2009 Pitching coach Lynchburg Hillcats
- 2010 Pitching coach Bradenton Marauders
- 2011 Pitching coach Altoona Curve