We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Walter Charles Post
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 203 lb.
- Debut September 18, 1949
- Final Game May 9, 1964
- Born July 9, 1929 in St. Wendelin, OH USA
- Died January 6, 1982 in St. Henry, OH USA
 Biographical Information
Post started out as a pitcher in 1946 (he went 17-7 for Muncie in 1947) and became an outfielder in 1949. His brother Edward Post was his teammate on the 1947 Muncie Reds and was the team's only starter to perform better in regular action than Wally.
His most notable year was 1955, when he hit .309 with 40 home runs. Post, who had 210 home runs in his career, might have had many more if he had been able to stay in the lineup more. He played in 140+ games only twice in his career, and after age 27 only had one year where he played in more than 111 games.
After baseball he worked for the Minster Canning Company. He died of cancer at age 52.
 Notable Achievements
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 5 (1955-1957, 1959 & 1961)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 2 (1955 & 1956)
- 40-Home Run Seasons: 1 (1955)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 1 (1955)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1955)