Virginia Mountain League
From BR Bullpen
The four-team Virginia Mountain League was only around in 1914. On July 1 the Staunton team moved to Harrisonburg. The league disbanded due to poor attendance and rumors of fixed games on July 25. It was a class D league.
 Cities Represented
- Charlottesville, VA: Charlottesville Tuckahoes 1914
- Clifton Forge, VA: Clifton Forge Railroaders 1914
- Covington, VA: Covington Papermakers 1914
- Harrisonburg, VA: Harrisonburg Lunatics 1914
- Staunton, VA: Staunton 1914
 Teams and Statistics
1914 Virginia Mountain League
President: B.F. Donovan
|Covington Papermakers||37||26||.587||-||Charlie Moore / Nick Carter|
|Charlottesville Tuckahoes||31||30||.508||5||Walter Steinhause|
|Clifton Forge Railroaders||28||34||.452||8.5||Clarence Irwin / Bailey / Eschback / Hooker|
|Staunton / Harrisonburg Lunatics #||26||32||.448||8.5||Davey Crockett / Pat Krebs|
# Staunton (15-22) moved to Harrisonburg July 21.
The league disbanded July 25 due to poor attendance and rumors of fixed games.
The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball: Second and Third Editions.