Virgil Jennings Barnes
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 165 lb.
- Debut September 25, 1919
- Final Game September 15, 1928
- Born March 5, 1897 in Ontario, KS USA
- Died July 24, 1958 in Wichita, KS USA
Jesse came to the New York Giants in 1918 (in a trade from the Boston Braves), while Virgil was a rookie with the Giants in 1919. Jesse was a big pitching star with the Giants while Virgil didn't get playing time until 1922 and didn't become a star until he won 16 games in 1924. The Giants, of course, won the pennant each year from 1921 to 1924, but Jesse was traded away in mid-1923. Jesse's big days were in the early part of the Giants' glorious four-year stretch, while Virgil's were in the later days.
A shoulder injury ended Virgil's career.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 2 (1924 & 1925)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1924, 1925 & 1927)
- Won a World Series with the New York Giants in 1922 (he did not play in the World Series)