From BR Bullpen
Philippe is my real first name. I am a member of SABR (The Society for American Baseball Research) and its SABR-Quebec Chapter . I was one of the most fervent fans of the late, regretted Montreal Expos and plan to author a number of articles on the team and its players in the BR Bullpen.
I can be reached at +email@example.com (remove the + sign).
 Things I am currently working on
- Season summaries for all years the Expos were in existence (now up to 1987)
- Biographies of selected players, managers, coaches and other persons linked to the Montreal Expos
- A standardized list of Notable Achievements for all players. I am starting with winners of the Silver Slugger Award (done), and will move on to Gold Glove Winners (done), MVPs (done). Cy Young Award Winners (done), Rookie of the Year Award Winners (done), Comeback Player of the Year (done), Manager of the Year Winners (done), and other Hall of Famers (done). Now adding Minor League Player of the Year award winners (done).
- Members of the various World Series Champions since 1903 (completed, June 14, 2007).
- Players who have played in the All-Star Game (completed, July 19, 2008).
- Completing information about minor league teams and cities. I am now working my way alphabetically through every city that has hosted a team in organized baseball. (Done on March 22, 2006).
- I am now working my way through all pages for Canadian cities in the bullpen, adding the two-letter province code, and adjucting any pages that links or should link to them. I am also adding a short geographic blurb about each place, for everyone's reading pleasure. (Done on March 25, 2006).
- Adding a few more elaborate definitions under the glossary section (largely done).
- Adding bibliographical references, especially to recently-published books (largely done).
- Anything else that catches my fancy.
This should keep me busy for a while.
 Manager Project
I am going through managers franchise by franchise, adding managerial charts etc, going back to 1900. Teams that have been done so far: Arizona Diamondbacks, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Seattle Pilots/Milwaukee Brewers, New York Mets, New York Yankees, Philadelphia/Kansas City/Oakland Athletics, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, St. Louis Cardinals, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers, Toronto Blue Jays, Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals. Quite a few to go...
 2010 Projects
A new decade calls for new initiatives. I will be fleshing out the Montreal Expos article based on Jacques Doucet's recently-published history of the team. I will push on with the manager project and continue with integrating information from recent editions of SABR's Baseball Research Journal and National Pastime into articles. And I'll continue working on fixing the half-inch bug in player heights. (well, I've completed that last one; I'm a couple of issues behind on the two journals).
2011: I've done a lot of work on updating and cleaning up the calendar, which is now in pretty good shape, and in writing a few more team histories. I'm moving again in August, so I may be less active until I'm settled in once again.
update on September 19: The move is done, but I don't have an internet connection at home for the time being, so I'm not doing any bullpen work for now. I'm not sure how long it will take. Today, on October 12, I finally have a home internet connection. It will take me a while to catch up with what I've missed over the past month. --Philippe 13:06, 12 October 2011 (EDT)
I aim for quality over quantity. Well-written and researched original articles is what makes the bullpen such a great site, as well as reliable information not available elsewhere. Let's concentrate on this and not on copying tables and lists that are available elsewhere.
 Lest We Forget
I've managed to recover my paean to the Expos, posted on an ephemeral blog on September 30, 2004:
Nous n'irons plus à Montréal
Prendre le métro vers l'est de la ville,
Apercevoir au loin la tour inclinée,
Ou le ciment qui veut paraître blanc.
Il n'y aura plus de voltigeurs,
Ou de balle retroussée paresseusement.
La voix de Jacques Doucet s'effrite,
Et s'efface manche par manche de nos mémoires.
Juché sur l'abri des visiteurs,
Silencieusement Youppi! pleure.
Nous ne garderons que quelques nuits d'été
Et le souvenir d'une jeunesse qui nous semblait dorée.
and my attempt at a translation:
We will no longer go to Montreal
Take the metro to the city's East end
To see from afar the bent tower
Or the concrete that tries to pass off as white.
There will no longer be outfielders,
Or lazily-hit fly balls.
Jacques Doucet's voice crumbles away
and disappears inning by inning from our memories.
Perched on the visitors' dugout
Youppi! cries silently.
Only a few summer nights will be left us
Along with the remembrance of a youth that seemed golden
 Ballparks Visited
I am only including ballparks used by professional teams; the date is that of the first game attended there. There have been many repeat visits to a number of these parks.