Torreon is located in northern Mexico, in the state of Coahuila on the border of the state of Durango, 150 miles north-east of Durango. Torreon's twin city of Gomez Palacio, Durango is located across the state border; together they form the Comarca Lagunera region, named after the Mayran Laguna formed by the region's many rivers. The names Laguna and Union Laguna refer to the entire metropolitan area.
Teams that have played here
- Algodoneros de Torreon, Mexican League (1940-1943, 1946, 1949-1953, 1993-2002)
- Torreon-Gomez Palacio Laguneros, Mexican National League (1946)
- Algodoneros de Torreon, Mexican Center League (1967-1968)
- Algodoneros del Unión Laguna, Mexican League (1970-1981, 1985-1992)
- Vaqueros Laguna, Mexican League (2003-present)