Emory Elmo Rigney
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 150 lb.
- School Texas A&M University
- Debut April 12, 1922
- Final Game August 26, 1927
- Born January 7, 1897 in Groveton, TX USA
- Died June 7, 1972 in San Antonio, TX USA
Topper Rigney played shortstop for six years in the major leagues. He drew walks well, hit triples, stole some bases, and hit lots of sacrifice hits. The similarity scores method comes up with a surprise comparision as the most similar player to Rigney - David Eckstein, a current player. Eckstein, however, doesn't draw nearly as many walks.
His highest batting average was .315 in 1923, a year when his teammate Harry Heilmann hit .403.