From BR Bullpen
Thomas Lamb Beals also known as W. Thomas in 1871-1873
- Bats Right, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 5", Weight 144 lb.
- Debut July 27, 1871
- Final Game September 29, 1880
- Born August, 1850 in New York, NY USA
- Died October 2, 1915 in San Francisco, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Tommy Beals, although only 20 in 1871, had played ball with the Unions and the Olympics prior to the formation of the National Association. When the National Association came into being, Beals continued to play outfield, but also played a lot of second base and additionally had 13 games at catcher in 1873.
Spalding's Base Ball Guide for 1896 stated that Beals "covered an immense amount of ground". The Guide said that in 1896 Beals was a member of the Nevada State Legislature and lived in Virginia City, NV.