From BR Bullpen
Note: This page discusses long-time Twins manager Tom Kelly. For the college coach of the same name, click here.
Jay Thomas Kelly
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 188 lb.
- High School St. Mary's High School (South Amboy)
- Debut May 11, 1975
- Final Game July 11, 1975
- Born August 15, 1950 in Graceville, MN USA
 Biographical Information
After his playing career ended, he was a minor league manager for five years and then a Twins coach from 1983 to 1986, when he became the team's manager. He remained the club's skipper through the 2001 season, winning the World Series twice during his tenure, in 1987 and 1991. After retiring as manager, Kelly continued to work with the Twins as a Special Assistant to the General Manager and as a special instructor in spring training. he suffered a mild stroke late in 2014, but was back in spring training with the Twins the following February.
 Notable Achievements
- AL Manager of the Year (1991)
- Division Titles: 2 (1987 & 1991)
- AL Pennants: 2 (1987 & 1991)
- Managed two World Series Champions with the Minnesota Twins (1987 & 1991)
|Minnesota Twins Manager