From BR Bullpen
Thomas Anthony Henke
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 5", Weight 215 lb.
- School East Central College
- High School Blair Oaks High School
- Debut September 10, 1982
- Final Game September 30, 1995
- Born December 21, 1957 in Kansas City, MO USA
 Biographical Information
Tom Henke threw a fastball, splitter, slider and forkball. He did not yield a run in the first 24 innings he pitched in 1987. In July, 1985, he did not allow a run in his first 11 appearances after being recalled from Syracuse. With Syracuse that year, he had 18 saves in 51+ innings of work.
When he eclipsed 300 saves, he was only the seventh to do so at the time. His nephew Travis Henke later played pro ball.
 Notable Achievements
- 1985 Pitcher of the Year International League Syracuse Chiefs
- 2-time All-Star (1987 & 1995)
- NL Rolaids Relief Award Winner (1995)
- AL Saves Leader (1987)
- 30 Saves Seasons: 6 (1987, 1990-1993 & 1995)
- 40 Saves Seasons: 1 (1993)
- Won a World Series with the Toronto Blue Jays in 1992