From BR Bullpen
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 180 lb.
- High School Avon Park High School
- Debut September 8, 1988
- Final Game May 3, 2009
- Born November 18, 1967 in Sebring, FL USA
 Biographical Information
Gordon was runner-up for the 1988 American League Rookie of the Year Award to Gregg Olson, a closer, despite winning 17 games as a starter. Several years later, Gordon and Olson would reunite as teammates on the Kansas City Royals.
Author Stephen King wrote a novel titled The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, referring to his outstanding 1998 season with the Boston Red Sox. He missed the 2000 season following arm surgery. He was given only a 20-30% chance of pitching again at that point, but returned to play in the majors until 2009.
 Notable Achievements
- 1988 Baseball America Minor League Player of the Year, Appleton Foxes, Midwest League, Memphis Chicks, Southern League & Omaha Royals, American Association
- 1989 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 3-time All-Star (1998, 2004 & 2006)
- AL Reliever of the Year Award Winner (1998)
- AL Rolaids Relief Award Winner (1998)
- AL Saves Leader (1998)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1989)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1996)
- 30 Saves Seasons: 2 (1998 & 2006)
- 40 Saves Seasons: 1 (1998)
- Won a World Series with the Philadelphia Phillies in 2008 (he did not play in the World Series)