Template:Today in Baseball/October 26
From BR Bullpen
- 1911 - Danny Murphy bangs out four hits to give the Athletics a 13-2 win in game 6 of the 1911 World Series to clinch the Series.
- 1985 - The Royals tie the 1985 World Series at six games thanks in part to a controversial call by Don Denkinger ruling Jorge Orta (pictured) safe at first.
- 1997 - In the 11th inning of game 7 of the 1997 World Series, Edgar Renteria singles in the game-winner to give the Marlins the title. That makes the 5-year-old Florida franchise the quickest expansion team to win a World Series.
- 1998 - The Yokohama BayStars take their first Japan Series with a 2-1 Game Six win over the Seibu Lions to finish the 1998 Japan Series. Takanori Suzuki was named MVP.
- 2005 - The White Sox complete a sweep in the 2005 World Series. Jermaine Dye drives in the lone run of Game Four, while Freddy Garcia goes 7 shutout innings for the win.
- 2005 - The Chiba Lotte Marines finish off a four-game sweep of the Hanshin Tigers in the 2005 Japan Series. Bobby Valentine becomes the first American manager to pilot a winning team in the Japan Series.