Template:Today in Baseball/November 13
From BR Bullpen
- 1899 - The National League announces starting next season there will be two umpires officiating each game.
- 1944 - The Japanese Professional Baseball League announces that it will suspend the remainder of the season due to World War II. The 1945 season will be canceled.
- 1958 - New York City mayor Robert Wagner announces plans for a third major league, the Continental League.
- 1978 - Luís Tiant becomes the first player to sign with a new club following the reentry draft this year, signing with the New York Yankees.
- 2000 - Pedro Martínez (pictured) becomes the first pitcher to win the American League Cy Young Award unanimously in consecutive years.