Template:Today in Baseball/March 3
- 1889 - Bobby Mathews goes to court against the Philadelphia Athletics, saying they owed him money for coaching the prior season.
- 1987 - Ray Dandridge (pictured) is elected to the Hall of Fame.
- 1993 - 200-game winner Yutaka Enatsu is arrested for possession of speed. He will withdraw from the meikyukai due to the scandal.
- 1998 - Larry Doby, Bullet Rogan and George Davis are voted into the Hall of Fame as three long-overlooked players are selected.
- 2006 - Jae-Weong Seo and Chan-Ho Park combine to beat Taiwan 2-0 in the first game of the 2006 World Baseball Classic, the first time the tournament is being played.