Template:Today in Baseball/June 3
From BR Bullpen
- 1902 - Mike O'Neill hits the first pinch-hit grand slam in major league history. Oddly, O'Neill is primarily a pitcher.
- 1952 - Zenpei Yamazaki steals a Nippon Pro Baseball-record six bases in a game.
- 1983 - Katsuo Osugi collects his 1,000th hit in the Central League. He becomes the first player in Nippon Pro Baseball to reach 1,000 hits in both of the major leagues.
- 1995 - Pedro Martinez becomes the second pitcher in MLB history to have a perfect game ruined in extra innings when Bip Roberts doubles to begin the 10th inning.
- 2003 - Umpires find cork in the broken bat of Sammy Sosa (pictured) and he is ejected from the game.