From BR Bullpen
Edward George Barrett
- Height 6' 4", Weight 255 lbs.
- School Cal State Hayward, Foothill Junior College
- High School Los Altos High School
 Biographical Information
Ted Barrett worked home plate for David Cone's perfect game in 1999 and for Greg Maddux's 300th win in 2005. Barrett gave Bobby Cox his record-setting 132nd ejection from a major league game on August 14, 2007 when Cox argued a strike call against Chipper Jones.
On June 13, 2012, became the first umpire to ever call two perfect games, when he was behind the plate for Matt Cain's perfect game, only the 22nd in major league history. Earlier that season, he was umpiring at third base when Philip Humber tossed a perfect game on April 21st, with crew-mate Brian Runge working home plate. The roles were reversed for Cain's game. Barrett has been the home plate umpire for another no-hitter, by Ervin Santana in 2011.
Barrett was designated a crew chief in 2013.
- Career Span: 1994-present
- Division Series: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007 & 2011
- League Championship Series: 2005, 2008, 2009 & 2010
- World Series: 2007 & 2011
- All-Star Games: 2007
Barrett also umpired during the 2009 World Baseball Classic.
Barrett played football and basketball in college. He completed a Ph.D. in theology after the 2012 season.