From BR Bullpen
William Taylor Phillips
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 185 lb.
- School University of Georgia
- High School Douglas County High School (Douglasville)
- Debut June 8, 1956
- Final Game September 6, 1963
- Born June 18, 1933 in Atlanta, GA USA
 Biographical Information
Taylor Phillips had one career complete game shutout. It came on May 25, 1958 for the Chicago Cubs against the Milwaukee Braves. He gave up 6 hits, walked 3 and struck out 5 as the Cubs won, 1-0. Making Phillips' victory sweeter was the fact that he had been traded by the Braves to the Cubs the previous December as part of a deal by the Braves to acquire Bob Rush.
 Notable Achievement
 Further Reading
- Rick Schabowski: "Taylor Phillips", in Gregory H. Wolf, ed.: Thar's Joy in Braveland: The 1957 Milwaukee Braves, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2014, pp. 152-156. ISBN 978-1933599717