Steven Richard Sundra
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 190 lb.
- Debut April 17, 1936
- Final Game May 28, 1946
- Born March 27, 1910 in Luxor, PA USA
- Died March 23, 1952 in Cleveland, OH USA
After serving in the Army during World War II, pitcher Steve Sundra returned to the St. Louis Browns for two games in 1946. After his baseball career, he worked in construction and died of cancer days before his 42nd birthday.
Sundra came as close as any modern day pitcher to hitting for the cycle, while playing for the St. Louis Browns. On July 5, 1942, in the second game of a doubleheader at Chicago, Steve had a double, triple, and a home run only missing the single.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1943)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1943)
- Won two World Series with the New York Yankees (1938 & 1939; he did not play in the 1938 World Series)