Steven Earl McCatty
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 205 lb.
- School Macomb Community College
- High School Troy (MI) High School
- Debut September 17, 1977
- Final Game September 25, 1985
- Born March 20, 1954 in Detroit, MI USA
In 1989, Steve McCatty played for the Fort Myers Sun Sox of the Senior Professional Baseball Association. He went 5-6 for the club. In 1990, McCatty was 1-2 with a 4.71 ERA for the Sun Sox when the league folded.
McCatty and Sammy Stewart were the two pitchers involved in the famous "rounded-off ERA" controversy at the end of the 1981 season. Major League Baseball at the end of each season used to round off innings pitched to the nearest inning, until that turned out to alter the outcome of the 1981 championship for the lowest ERA.
In June 2009, McCatty replaced Randy St. Claire as pitching coach of the Washington Nationals. He was replaced by Spin Williams as pitching coach of Syracuse. He stayed with the Nationals until the end of the 2015 season, when he was dismissed along with manager Matt Williams' entire coaching staff.
- 1996 Pitching coach Visalia Oaks 
- 1997-1998 Pitching coach West Michigan Whitecaps
- 2002 Pitching coach Erie SeaWolves and Detroit Tigers
- 2003-2005 Pitching Coach Ottawa Lynx
- 2006 Pitching coach New Orleans Zephyrs
- 2008 Pitching coach Columbus Clippers
- 2009 Pitching coach Syracuse Chiefs
- 2009-2015 Pitching coach Washington Nationals
- 2016 Pitching coach Lake County Captains
- 2017 Pitching coach Charlotte Knights
- AL Wins Leader (1981)
- AL Shutouts Leader (1981)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1980)