From BR Bullpen
Stephen John Lyons
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 195 lb.
- School Oregon State University
- Debut April 15, 1985
- Final Game October 3, 1993
- Born June 3, 1960 in Tacoma, WA USA
 Biographical Information
- In Chicago's annual Cubs-Sox exhibition game, he played one inning at every position, including pitcher.
- In a league game, he slid into first, called time to wipe the dirt off himself, totally forgot where he was, and started taking off his pants to get the dirt out of them. The roar of the crowd quickly brought the embarrassed hitter back to reality and he pulled them up.
- Worked as a television broadcaster for the Arizona Diamondbacks and for Fox broadcasting.
- Steve appeared as a player in the 1994 movie Major League 2 and also appeared as himself on one episode of "Arli$$" in 2000.
- On October 14, 2006, he was fired by Fox for making a racially insensitive comment directed at colleague Lou Piniella's Hispanic heritage on the air during Game 3 of the American League Championship Series. Lyons had been suspended without pay two years earlier for criticizing Shawn Green for abiding by his religion's laws and not playing on Yom Kippur.
 Further Reading
- Steve Lyons: The Psycho 100: Baseball's Most Outrageous Moments, Triumph Books, Chicago, IL, 2009.