From BR Bullpen
Larry Steven Jeltz
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 180 lb.
- School University of Kansas
- High School Lawrence (KS) High School
- Debut July 17, 1983
- Final Game October 3, 1990
- Born May 28, 1959 in Paris France
 Biographical Information
During the 1985-1986 offseason, Jeltz taught himself how to switch hit. Apparently, this didn't help him out too much-he ended up with a .210 career batting average. He was pretty good defensively, as he led Carolina League second basemen in putouts (293), assists (369) and double plays (84) while with the Peninsula Pilots in 1981.
In 1987, with the Maine Guides, he hit .333 in 72 at-bats.
He is the most recent major leaguer to have been born in France through 2006.