From BR Bullpen
Steven Bernard Hosey
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 215 lb.
- High School Fremont High School
- School California State University, Fresno
- Debut August 29, 1992
- Final Game September 15, 1993
- Born April 2, 1969 in Oakland, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Steve Hosey was originally drafted by the Cleveland Indians in 1986 in the 19th round. He chose not to sign. The next time he was drafted was in 1989, when he was drafted by the Giants in the 1st round with whom he chose to sign with.
Hosey spent less than four seasons in the minor leagues before making his Major League debut on August 29, 1992 at the age of 23. Hosey was very strike out prone - in 58 career Major League at-bats, he struck out 16 times and walked only once.
He last played professional baseball in 1998.
- He wore number 29 when he was with the Giants.
- Steve had the 14th highest signing bonus in 1989 - his signing bonus for the Giants was $167,000.
- His half brother is NBA All-Star Paul Pierce.
- Hosey currently resides in Fresno, California.