From BR Bullpen
Walter Scott Brodie
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9½", Weight 180 lb.
- Debut April 21, 1890
- Final Game October 4, 1902
- Born September 11, 1868 in Warrenton, VA USA
- Died October 30, 1935 in Baltimore, MD USA
 Biographical Information
Steve Brodie played center field primarily during the lively ball era of the 1890s. For several years he was a regular with the 19th Century Baltimore Orioles, one of the top teams of the time. In the three full seasons he was with the Orioles, 1894 to 1896, the team won the pennant each year.
As a youngster, he was playing semi-pro ball by 1885. Brodie continued to play in the minors after his major league days, and was still playing as late as 1910.
He was nicknamed "Steve" after a daredevil of the time.
 Notable Achievements
- 100 RBI Seasons: 2 (1894 & 1895)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1894)
- 200 Hits Seasons: 1 (1894)
 Year-by-Year Managerial Record
|1907||Roanoke Tigers||Virginia League||-||5th||replaced Win Clark|