Steven Thomas Avery
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 4", Weight 190 lb.
- High School John F. Kennedy High School (Taylor)
- Debut June 13, 1990
- Final Game July 20, 2003
- Born April 14, 1970 in Trenton, MI USA
Pitcher Steve Avery was signed as the third overall pick of the 1988 amateur draft by the Atlanta Braves and scout Tony Stiel and reached the majors as a 20 year old. In just his second big league season, he went 18-8 and won his last five decisions as the Braves won the NL West title. In the NLCS that year, he threw 16 1/3 scoreless innings, and he was named the series MVP as the Braves went on to the World Series.
- NL All-Star (1993)
- 1991 NLCS MVP
- 15 Wins Seasons: 2 (1991 & 1993)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1991-1993)
- Won a World Series with the Atlanta Braves in 1995