Stanley Orville Spence
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 10½", Weight 180 lb.
- Debut June 8, 1940
- Final Game October 2, 1949
- Born March 20, 1915 in South Portsmouth, KY USA
- Died January 9, 1983 in Kinston, NC USA
Stan Spence played nine seasons in the majors and was a strong hitter. He would have gotten more attention if he had been able to play with stronger teams - none of his teams ever won the pennant, although three of them finished second in the league. Stan was named to four All-Star teams, all while he was with the Washington Senators.
Stan had played minor league ball from 1935 to 1940, three times hitting over .310. After his major league days he played several more years in the minors.
Spence entered the Navy in March 1945 and was discharged in November 1945.
- 4-time AL All-Star (1942, 1944, 1946 & 1947)
- AL Triples Leader (1942)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 1 (1944)
- 200 Hits Seasons: 1 (1942)