We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
John Sherman Lollar
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- School Kansas State Teachers College of Pittsburg
- Debut April 20, 1946
- Final Game September 7, 1963
- Born August 23, 1924 in Durham, AR USA
- Died September 24, 1977 in Springfield, MO USA
 Biographical Information
Sherm Lollar spent 12 years with the Chicago White Sox and was an excellent receiver who threw out base stealers with regularity (47%). His best season with the Sox was in 1959, the year of the "Go, Go Sox", in which he hit 22 homers and had 84 RBI.
 Notable Achievements
- 1945 MVP International League Baltimore Orioles
- 7-time AL All-Star (1950, 1954-1956 & 1958-1960)
- 3-time Gold Glove Winner (1957/ML, 1958/AL & 1959/AL)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 2 (1958 & 1959)
- Won a World Series with the New York Yankees in 1947
 Records Held
- Most times two hits in an inning in a game, twice, 4/23/55 (tied)