From BR Bullpen
Shawn Patrick Hillegas
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 208 lb.
- School Middle Georgia Junior College
- High School Forest Hills High School (Sidman, PA)
- Debut August 9, 1987
- Final Game July 17, 1993
- Born August 21, 1964 in Dos Palos, CA USA
 Biographical Information
He attended Forest Hills High School in Sidman, Pennsylvania and then Middle Georgia College.
Hillegas was drafted by the California Angels in the 26th round (657th overall) of the 1983 draft. He opted not to sign that year, but was signed after being drafted 4th overall in the first round of the January 1984 amateur draft by the Los Angeles Dodgers and scout Tommy Mixon.
He did well in the minors for the most part, having only one real bad stretch-in 1986 with the Albuquerque Isotopes, he had a 6.17 ERA in 9 games. His best season was 1984 with the Vero Beach Dodgers-he had a 1.83 ERA in 13 games.
He balked only once in his career.
He wore these numbers in his career:
- 1987-'90, 1992-'93: 57
- 1988: 45
- 1991: 38
- 1992: 36
- Had one career complete game shutout it came on July 20, 1992 as a member of the New York Yankees against the Oakland A's. He gave up 5 hits, walked 2 and struck out 5. He was released by the Yankees a month later and signed with the A's.
- Hillegas currently lives in South Fork, Pennsylvania.