From BR Bullpen
Shane Patrick Victorino
(The Flyin' Hawaiian)
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 160 lb.
- High School St. Anthony High School (Wailuku)
- Debut April 2, 2003
 Biographical Information
Victorino became a huge star with the Philadelphia Phillies, making the All-Star team twice, being a key member of the Phils' World Championship team in 2008 and playing for Team USA in the 2009 World Baseball Classic. With Phils in an uncharacteristic down year in 2012, he was traded to the Dodgers on July 31st, rejoining his original organization in return for Ps Josh Lindblom and Ethan Martin. He was hitting .261 in 101 games at the time. With the Dodgers, he hit .245 in 53 games.
Victorino became a free agent after the 2012 season and was in high demand, in spite of his relatively poor last season. On December 4th, it was announced that he had signed a three-year deal with the Boston Red Sox for $39 million. It was the third significant free agent signing by the Red Sox that off-season, following their stunning last-place finish in 2012, as they had earlier inked OF Jonny Gomes and C Mike Napoli to deals.
Victorino is a cousin of Kanekoa Texeira. A huge star in his home state of Hawaii, Shane appeared in the February 20, 2012 episode of Hawaii Five-O, along with Olympic speek skater Apolo Ohno, playing a business executive.
 Notable Achievements
- 2005 MVP International League Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons
- 2-time NL All-Star (2009 & 2011)
- 4-time Gold Glove Winner (2008-2010/NL-OF & 2013/AL-RF)
- 2-times NL Triples Leader (2009 & 2011)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 2 (2008 & 2009)
- Won two World Series with the Philadelphia Phillies in 2008 and the Boston Red Sox in 2013