From BR Bullpen
Sean Thomas Casey
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 215 lb.
- School University of Richmond
- High School Upper St. Clair High School
- Debut September 12, 1997
- Final Game September 28, 2008
- Born July 2, 1974 in Willingboro, NJ USA
 Biographical Information
Sean Casey played twelve seasons in the major leagues, hitting .302. He finished three times in the top ten in the league in batting average. He scored 100+ runs twice and although he never had 100+ RBI he twice had 99.
He was one of the best hitters with runners in scoring position; he hit .367 with men on in 2000, .356 in 2001 and .336 in 2003.
Casey was at the University of Richmond from 1993-1995 and then hit well over .300 each year in the minors until he became a major league regular.
In late 2013/early 2014, Casey suffered a blood clot, which split and went into both lungs; while almost everybody who has this happens dies, Casey survived. 
 Notable Achievements
- 3-time NL All-Star (1999, 2001 & 2004)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 3 (1999, 2000 & 2004)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 2 (1999 & 2004)