From BR Bullpen
Reinder Albertus Wolters
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 165 lb.
- Debut May 18, 1871
- Final Game April 28, 1873
- Born December 18, 1842 in Bad Nieuweschans, Groningen Netherlands
- Died January 3, 1917 in Newark, NJ USA
 Biographical Information
Rynie Wolters was the first Dutch MLB player, if one considers the National Association as a major league. He played in 1871 for the New York Mutuals as their main pitcher in the first season that the National Association existed. However, he had pitched for the Mutuals prior to the existence of the National Association, throwing a celebrated shut-out in 1870 for the Mutuals against the Chicago White Stockings.
Wolters was also the best hitter for the Mutuals in 1871.