We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Russell Charles Meyer (Rowdy or The Mad Monk)
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- Debut September 13, 1946
- Final Game June 28, 1959
- Born October 25, 1923 in Peru, IL USA
- Died November 16, 1998 in Oglesby, IL USA
 Biographical Information
Meyer missed the 1943 season due to military service. Meyer served as a minor league pitching coach with the Yankees in the eighties working with Buck Showalter with the Oneonta Yankees, Fort Lauderdale Yankees and Albany-Colonie Yankees. In 1992 Meyer and Showalter were promoted to the majors where he spent the season as bench coach.
 Notable Achievements
- 15 Wins Seasons: 2 (1949 & 1953)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1949 & 1952)
- Won a World Series with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1955