From BR Bullpen
Reuben Franklin Melton
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 5", Weight 205 lb.
- School Campbell University
- High School Gastonia High School
- Debut April 17, 1941
- Final Game June 3, 1947
- Born February 27, 1917 in Cramerton, NC USA
- Died September 11, 1971 in Greer, SC USA
 Biographical Information
Melton went 13-4 in the minors in 1936. Melton was assigned to the Columbus Red Birds in 1938, but didn't report and was suspended for the season, and was then suspended for 1939 also. He went 10-10 for Columbus in 1940.
Melton entered the Army in January 1945 and was discharged in May 1946.
After his major league days he continued to pitch in the minors from 1947 to 1951.
 Notable Achievements
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1942)