From BR Bullpen
Reuben Franklin Melton
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 5", Weight 205 lb.
- School Campbell University
- High School Gastonia High School
- Debut April 17, 1941
- Final Game June 3, 1947
- Born February 27, 1917 in Cramerton, NC USA
- Died September 11, 1971 in Greer, SC USA
 Biographical Information
Reuben "Rube" Melton pitched six seasons in the major leagues. His best season was probably with the 1946 Dodgers when he went 6-3 with a 1.99 ERA on a team which won 96 games.
Melton went 13-4 in 1936 in the minors.
Melton was assigned to the Columbus Red Birds in 1938, but didn't report and was suspended for the season, and was then suspended for 1939 also. He went 10-10 for Columbus in 1940.
Melton entered the Army in January 1945 and was discharged in May 1946.
After his major league days he continued to pitch in the minors in 1947-51.