We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
George Elvin Walberg
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 1½", Weight 190 lb.
- Debut April 29, 1923
- Final Game October 2, 1937
- Born July 27, 1896 in Pine City, MN USA
- Died October 27, 1978 in Tempe, AZ USA
 Biographical Information
He also had 32 saves in his major league career.
Over 10% of Walberg's 163 home runs were given up to Babe Ruth (17). Ruth had more home runs against the left-handed Walberg than against any other pitcher. Included in the 17 are four homers in his 60-HR season. Milt Gaston also gave up 4 HRs to Ruth in 1927, and no one gave up more.
He was at Portland prior to becoming a major league regular. Walberg had grown up on a farm, left school after eighth grade to do farm work, and pitched independent ball in 1921. After baseball, he ran a restaurant in Miami, FL before retiring in Arizona.
 Notable Achievements
- AL Innings Pitched Leader (1931)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 5 (1927-1929, 1931 & 1932)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1931)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 7 (1927-1933)
- Won two World Series with the Philadelphia Athletics (1929 & 1930)